Deciding whether or not to employ a real estate agent when you buy or sell the next home is a question that you might have asked yourself previously. If you are not sure if it would be beneficial to use a Real Estate Agent, maybe this article might help.
The 2011 profile of homebuyers and sellers created and distributed by the National Association of Realtors implies that For Sale By Owners (FSBO’s) accounted for only 10% of home sales. Also the average FSBO listing sold for $150,000 as the average real estate agent assisted home sold for $215,000. While many people think that they can save time and money by selling the home on their own, this is often not the case. They also usually don’t always understand the trials that come along with selling their home FSBO. The Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers show the hardest tasks for a FSBO are:
? Understanding the housing marketplace and listing their house at the right price.
? Understanding the paperwork involved and correctly filling everything out.
? Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale. This might be marketing the home, showing the home, responding to phone calls and emails about the home, etc.
? Determining whether or not they should spend extra money to prepare or fix up the house.
? Selling the home within a certain time frame.
Purchasing or selling a home is typically the largest investment most people will make in their lives. Whether you’re buying a new home or selling your existing home, an agent might help protect your interests and potentially save a substantial amount of money. We have compiled a listing of benefits for both homebuyer and seller.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Buying A Home
1. A home buyer is normally not required to pay the true estate agent. When a real estate agent represents a house buyer on a purchase of a house, the commission earned by that agent is paid for by the seller of the home. The commission is taken out of the sales price.
2. Real estate agents get access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is really a serviced provide to real estate agent that gives them the most up today home elevators homes that are for sale in your area.
This service is not available to everyone. With the MLS an agent can find out information regarding the home like, taxes, just how long it’s been listed, price changes, special features on the house etc.
3. Agents have knowledge about the area. A real estate agent should be able to tell you about the neighborhood, schools, activities, recreational areas, etc. that are offered in the areas you are looking to purchase.
4. Agents understand how to negotiate with the seller in your stead. Negotiating the price of a house can often get very difficult. In today’s market it is not uncommon to ask for closing costs to be paid, repairs to be completed, home warranties, or inspections. Often realtors can easily negotiate items in the home like washers/dryers, refrigerators, or furniture into the sale of the house. Your real estate agents job is to ensure you get the best deal.
5. Agents keep the deal going. Once your offer has been accepted you will have a lot of tasks that require to be completed in a brief amount of time. Your agent will let you keep track and orchestrate all the tasks required in the buying process.
Reasons To Use A Real Estate Agent When Selling A Home
1. A real estate agent will probably be worth the commission. As soon as you actually consider everything your agent will do for you personally from the time they list the home to enough time it sells, the commission paid compared to that agent is usually money well spent. Often times an agent will be able to help you get your house sold much faster and for more income than you could have on your own.
2. Agents understand the current housing market. Choose a realtor that lives locally. This agent will understand the neighborhood, home values, benefits of the area, and the local competition.
3. Agents know how to sell your home. This is their job, and exactly like any other job should they don’t execute a good job they get fired. A real estate agent is a professional and should know what they’re doing. It is often smart to get an agents track record prior to letting them sell your house. Selling any home takes experience, dedication and knowledge in the forex market. Their job would be to attract buyers and sell the home.
4. Agents know what will make houses sell. Your agent should be able to give you advice on what could possibly be done to the home to obtain it sold quicker. . Anything from staging the home to making minor repairs or upgrades.